Would you like to join our Customer Service Team?
Aillwee Cave, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare is Ireland’s Premier Showcave and has over 100,000 visitors each year. It is situated in a scenic valley in the Burren in Co. Clare – an area popular with both International and Irish tourists.
Since 2008 the Birds of Prey Centre was opened and has been educating and entertaining visitors with many different breeds of Birds of Prey and dynamic flying displays daily.
The area of Ballyvaughan is a small village of about 500 people with two hotels, five pubs, two shops and several holiday homes. It is a busy village in the summer but quiet in the wintertime. The local area is scenic, beside the sea and has good hill walking. The nearest towns are Galway (30 miles away) and Ennis (23 miles). There is a daily bus service to Galway.
Aillwee Cave Co Ltd has 35 full time members of staff and in the summer season the staff increases to approximately 65 staff members. We also run an event at the end of November, called Santa’s Workshop, where the Cave is converted into Santa’s Grottos and the event is run by appointment only. The staff for this event increases to approximately 90 - 100 members.
SUMMER SEASON VACANCIES
Information Gate Guide
* This position is to welcome visitors to Aillwee and to create a positive first impression
* To sell all the facilities on site to the visitors – Cave Tour, Birds of Prey Centre entry, Gift Shops and Tea Room facilities
* Previous Customer Service experience an advantage
* To collect the Admission fee – previous till and cash experience an advantage
* This position is to conduct tours through the Cave in an efficient safe and responsible way
* To provide the highest level of Customer Service
* To be comfortable and articulate in speaking with the visitors
* To work within an experienced team
* To show good initiative under pressure
* Applicants should have a good general knowledge of Geology and previous First Aid experience. Preferred applicants to be over the age of 19 years.
* Fully paid training is provided to develop knowledge and confident tour.
Gift Shops Assistant
* This position is to sell the gift items stocked in our Gift Shops
* To provide the highest level of Customer Service – previous experience essential
* To be aware of pricing, maintain an attractive display and be able to use an up to date stock control till system
* This position is to prepare, display and sell the food products in our Tea Room
* To be flexible and work well within a team environment
* Minimum experience of 2 years in the catering field
* Applicants with Barista and food hygiene training an advantage
Conditions of Work
Hours of Work: 5 days per week (39 hours), as we are open 7 days per week, 2 days off per week. Start at 10.00am daily. Statutory Contract of Employment issued on first day of employment.
Uniform: Uniform will be provided. Staff will need to provide black trousers and professional black shoes. We require staff to present a neat professional appearance.
Rate of Pay: Staff are paid an hourly rate depending on position and experience via bank transfer on a weekly basis.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our professional team, please let us know:-
* When you are available from and to?
* A full or part-time position?
* What position you are interested in?
* Send an up to date CV to email@example.com
Find us on Facebook